Thursday, February 12, 2009

53!


Woot, woot!

Toot my own horn, you betcha.
Besides, a birthday is a good excuse to eat cake.

Every year when my birthday rolls around, I literally view it as a gift. The gift of more time with those I love. As I grow older, I appreciate my bonus days, months and years I've been blessed with, even if it is a challenge.


The thoughts of aging and the apprehension associated with advancing birthdays, I welcome. My aging face can produce all the wrinkles it wants, not gonna bother me. My few gray hairs can have a party and multiply with reckless abandon, who cares? Wrinkles and gray hair seem so trivial in the grand scheme of life.

My next goal is to welcome 54. After all, it is only 364 days away!

And another day to eat cake.

1 comment:

CowTown said...

Happy Belated BDay!!!! :) You're one of my fellow Aquarians? I'm on the 6th.