Thursday, July 2, 2009

No Go



The clinical trial I began is a no go. I had a complete physical, urine test, a host of blood tests, sputum samples, PFTs (pulmonary function tests), and lung xray. The test results came back and I got the call on Monday afternoon. I failed the criteria to participate in the trial.

WHY?

Medically, I failed for one reason only. My sputum cultures tested negative for Pseudomonas, a common bacterial organism found in CF that the cipro targets. While the negative culture fails me for the trial, it is great news for my medically. One less bug in my lungs to cause problems and damage. I've actually tested negative for Pseudomonas for about a year now. When the MRSA bug I do test positive for, becomes dominant in my lungs and flares, the Pseudomonas takes a back seat, and vice versa. I seem to always have either/or created lung havoc.

So I guess I have to wait for the next clinical trial to come along I qualify for. Until then, I have 8 less drives into LA.

1 comment:

CowTown said...

Very interesting Jodi. That's great news! It seems so rare to NOT have PA. Good for you. :)