Sunday, August 15, 2010

Casa USC

Well, it's been 3 months since I've stared at 4 walls and the clock at USC. The good news, they have remodeled our floor since I was in last. New paint, floors, bathroom fixtures, flat screen tvs with a real remote, and new visitor chairs. So now I have 'new' stuff to study for 2 weeks. :) Yes, it is THAT boring. Thank God for wireless internet or I would go stir crazy. Plus, I sneak out of my room to sit outside by a large fountain, shade trees to relax and soak up some fresh air and sunshine. It is the highlight of my day.

I just haven't felt good for over a month now, slowly getting worse. At my clinic appt. last Monday, Dr. R said if I wasn't better by mid week, to plan an admit for Monday. It's all prearranged, I just need to wait for a call from the hospital tomorrow letting me know what time my room will be ready.

My sinuses have progressively gotten more clogged and infected in the last six months. My last surgery was 2 years ago, and it made a huge difference. Since Dr. R is admitting me, he wants me to have an ENT consult and CT to see if I may need sinus surgery again. It will be my 7th, ugh. He also wants my sinuses in good shape going into transplant. With all the problems I've been having, I suspect I will  have surgery scheduled while in house. More CF fun!!!!

One thing I am looking forward to, I'll have plenty of time to work on my family tree, so for that alone, it will make my stay tolerable. My ancestors dating from the 1600s will keep me company. : )

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Jodi, I am so sorry you have to go in. At least you do have something to look forward to doing while in. Wow, 1600's..thats amazing.

Take care,
Debbie

PeggyE said...

Jodi, what is the latest? How are you. Did you have to go through another sinus op? Sending good wishes...Peggy