Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008, a year of reflection

As I sit here on the last day of 2008, I'm truly thankful for yet another year come and gone. Fantastic, horrible, glorious, painful and back to wonderful again. . . the year has run the gamut of good and bad. Highs and lows, makes life interesting albeit challenging.

The most memorable day of 2008 was the day our little Grandbaby Audrey came into our world on June 19th. What a bundle of love and joy she is for me. It is like de je vu for me as well, she looks so much like Jen did as a baby.

We can also count our travels as a high point this past year. We went to Disney World in Feb for 10 days and France, Belgium and Netherlands in Sept-Oct for 3 weeks. We had a fantastic time on each trip, even though they were very different.

Work has been steady and productive for Terry, even though we took 6 weeks vacation. It was a good year until November when the brakes kicked in and work skidded to a halt. We are worried about work coming his way in 2009, as is everyone. 
Anyone need the services of an Architect? There, my shameless plug! LOL!

Let's see, Terry turned 53, me 52. We've been married 16 years, who knew the Pennysaver could produce that?!?!?

And then, there was all my medical schtuff, which I won't recount here, but suffice to say I filled MY quota. Terry was well up until Dec. when by my prodding, he finally went to have the 'mystery weird bump' on his nose checked. Yep, cancer. He goes in January to have it cut and dug out - YIKES! I told him he might not have a nose left, he he.

Aaron had his share of surgery too. Poor little guy had to withstand, not 1 but 2, hydrocele surgeries when both testicles became swollen and enlarged. Of course they happened months apart, Spring and Fall, so it required 2 separate surgeries. But he came through with flying colors, with not much pain or remembrance of either incident.

And then poor Bucky, he is such a good cat. He was at the vet 4 times this year. As a diabetic cat on 2 insulin shots a day, he sometimes has high blood sugar issues that land him in the hospital for a re-evaluation and insulin adjustment. He just HATES going to the hospital. Our bank account does too! ; )

Other than day to day life, that's been our year. I hope I can look back and remember 2008 in the happier lights, to say 'Yep, 2008 was a great year."

Here's to 2009, for a Happy and Healthy New Year!


ImageChef.com Poetry Blender

No comments: